St Monica’s Hospital

Long Street, Easingwold

St Monica’s Hospital has a special place in the hearts of many people living in and around Easingwold.  It is a shining example of a Community Hospital working in unison with the local health authority to provide Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, medical rehabilition and palliative care. Patients are attended by their own general practitioner. The hospital is for patients needing intermediate care between hospital and home and, most importantly, comes into its own to help patients and their families through the last stages of life.

It is one of the most valuable assets in Easingwold and there will be few local people whose lives or families have not been touched.

The Hospital was founded in 1893 by Mrs Katherine Love, a generous local benefactor, whose family lived on the Hawkhills Estate, near Easingwold. At first, it was known as the Easingwold Cottage Hospital but later it was renamed St Monica’s after the remarkable 4th century mother of the great St Augustus.

Taken over by the state in 1948, the Hospital is now designated a Community Hospital. It is administered by the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and has 12 beds, all having views over the Hospital grounds. The Hospital provides nursing and medical care, rehabilitation, palliative care, physiotherapy and occupational therapy support.

Please note: The Minor Injuries department was closed in January 2011.

Click here to see how FOSMH have supported and helped to develop the Hospital and it’s facilites.

St Monica’s Hospital Easingwold

If you have any queries regarding the Hospital, please St Monica’s directly on 01347 821214 for more information.

Visiting Hrs:  2:30pm – 5:30pm and 7:00pm – 8:30pm

Address:         Long Street, Easingwold, North Yorkshire YO61 3JD
Phone:            01347 821214
Fax:                  01347 821046